Current Job Vacancies @ CDC Enterprise Agency
Business Start Up Adviser
We’re currently looking to add to our team with a suitably experienced Business Start Up Adviser.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
To help and advise individuals achieve their goals and ambitions with particular reference to self employment and small business. This will be achieved by the provision of support, advice and training, and will contribute toward the objectives defined in the Annual Report. This job also includes networking with the other support organisations to enable a holistic approach to be taken to meet client objectives. To deliver training credited and non-credited which the Agency is involved with.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Operations Manager
a) Key Areas
Day to day management of individual projects.
Contribution towards the Agency’s general advice, support and training activities.
Any other duties commensurate with the role and its responsibilities.
Assessment of accredited training delivered by the Agency.
b) Measurable standards
Achieve outputs and impact targets as identified in the relevant project documentation.
Contribute towards the Agency’s general advice and support activities to a standard which is equal to the Agency’s expectation of quality, measured against the percentage of client evaluation (for all core services) which are rated by the client as good or excellent.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIREMENT
- General business knowledge, including a good working knowledge of current statutory frameworks.
- Knowledge of the roles of individual members of the wider support network, and how that relates to the Agency’s role.
- Knowledge of business principles and practices.
- Knowledge of the current criteria of external funders of individual businesses.
- Interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Flexibility to respond to individual client needs appropriately.
- Tact, diplomacy and patience.
There is not direct line management responsibility.
The postholder has responsibility for designated projects, as agreed from time to time.
This post involves delivery of the Enterprise Support in the North East 2 project which is part funded by European Regional Development Fund